Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Enemy Knocks..Grace Answers

Everyday the enemy knocks at my door,
I find myself answering just as before.
He pushes me down, leaving me battered and bruised,
He tells me I'm unworthy, that I'm being used.
I listen as he tells me lies about my worth,
and how I'll never succeed, I'll never move forth.
He slaps my face and I tremble in fear,
Believing his words and all that I hear.
He leaves in a rage, an evil procession,
My inside's exposed, I'm filled with aggression.
I feel so alone, unworthy, shamed and not loved,
like my soul is ripped apart and my body's been shoved.
In the back of the room, I hear a faint sound,
I find my feet and place them firmly on the ground.
It's the voice of truth that I am hearing call,
I feel my wounds healing as my body stands tall.
I've heard this before, but this time it's real,
I finally understand the grace that I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment