Monday, December 29, 2008

He was always right there..

I walked for miles in the dead of night,
I walked and walked, yet saw nothing in sight.
My haste grew rapidly as I struggled along,
I looked both ways, but everything looked wrong.
The darkness grew to a dull, pitch black,
I thought about turning, but didn’t know my way back.
What seemed like hours, quickly felt like days,
With every step I found myself lost in a maze.
I watched for you, but you were no where to be found,
I listened for you, but couldn’t hear a sound.
The darkness grew and my steps became few,
Where could you be, I have to find you.
My breathing became shallow and I started to weep,
I know why I’m here, my mistakes I must reap.
I fall to my knees, not knowing what else to do,
My body is crumbling, my journey is through.
My arms grow weak, but I feel them lifting above,
I find myself flying away like a dove.
Into the darkness, I see a shimmering light,
I hear singing and praise, and sounds of delight.
My body is flying so briskly it seems,
I feel like it’s real, but could it be one of my dreams?
But into the light, I’m entering in,
My body becomes weightless, I forget all my sin.
I see a vision that’s burning my face,
Could this be him, the creator of grace?
As I get closer, my eyes grow wide,
I’m slowing down and I land by his side.
The joyful sounds now grow strong,
I no longer feel the darkness as I carry along.
I see my skin shimmering in the light,
This happiness I experience, I know this is right.
He opens his mouth and all of the heavens demand,
The attention of him, they’re under command.
He speaks to me and I listen to hear,
“Child of mine, now do not fear.”
“From the darkness you came, but I led you to light,”
“I carried your steps as you walked in the night.”
“You were never lost, you just failed to see,”
“I was always right there, You were walking with me.”

pending

© Sarah Roberson

No comments:

Post a Comment