Monday, December 29, 2008

Unanswered Questions

If tomorrow never exists to arrive,
Will I have used all he gave me while I was alive?
Did I take each day as a gift from above?
Did I listen when he told me to just sit back and love?
Will he understand that I didn't mean to ignore,
the words he spoke to me when my heart was not pure?
Were my actions on earth enough to create,
a destiny for me in eternities fate?
When I chose my own way, I hope he saw me collapse,
for when my body arose I saw my dreaded mishaps.
Did he see the spark inside of me after I crumbled,
when my desire to serve him left me nothing but humbled?
When I cried out to him and he showed me his will,
Did he see the fire inside me; did he know it was real?
If these questions go unanswered at my very last breath,
then I deserve nothing less than my soul to find death.
For while I was here the Lord made himself known,
but my decisions left me to try life on my own.

pending

© Sarah Roberson

No comments:

Post a Comment