Monday, December 29, 2008

an older one I wrote "Out of the Wrath"

the slow progression of my soul withers with each passing hour,

the true reality of my life seems to completely overpower,

my battered heart ripped open as the inside seeks to expose,

the true depth of my being by which my energy flows.

my empty body shivers violently on the ground,

my ears grow mute, i hear no sound.

i seek to heal the broken promises of the past,

and wonder how long these open wounds will last.

i seek justice for those who led me astray,

and secrectly wish their hearts will repay.

as my mind drifts to the reality of the truth,

i wonder how one could have endured the abuse,

over and over the lies too were told,

until the bottom was reached so hollow and cold.

through the lost hope and broken dreams,

moving forward is all that seems,

that can be done to continue this journey,

and take myself out of the darkness, off of the gourney.

the light dimly shows as my strength regains through my existence,

and my progress appears to have lost some resistance.

the light grows stronger and i see his face,

his hand reaches for mine and im led into the grace,

my shattered memories are left to be moments of the past,

and im lifted to my feet to meet him at last.

im led down a path hand-in-hand, the creator by my side,

i walk full force ahead never again to hide,

from the one who guides me along the crushed and beaten path,

and pulls me to safety, out of the wrath


pending

© Sarah Roberson

No comments:

Post a Comment